Integrity, Experience and Professionalism You Can Trust

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Divorce
  4.  » Post Divorce Enforcement And Modification

Changing And Modifying Divorce Orders

Sometimes, after a decision has been made by a court ruling in a divorce proceeding regarding child custody and visitation orders, child support and spousal support, and distribution and division of assets, circumstances may change to the point where a post-judgment enforcement or modification order is necessary.

At Laraia & Whitty, P.C. in Wheaton, Illinois, we work with many different clients in DuPage County, Kane County, Will County, Cook County, Kendall County and the greater Chicago area who need help with modifying or enforcing a court order. We understand that economic situations may change causing job loss, resulting in the loss of medical benefits, or not being able to care for a child and make scheduled child support payments. In certain matters, a substantial change in circumstances can provide a person with the ability to modify or change the existing court order or judgment.

Failing to follow court-ordered divorce settlement agreements can result in contempt of court and actions taken against you, such as wage garnishment, being fined, or even being incarcerated. Contact our law firm to speak with our experienced post-judgment enforcement and modification attorneys if you are unsure about how to proceed in making changes to your divorce settlement.

Quality Legal Experience At Work For You

The attorneys at Laraia & Whitty, P.C. can help both men and women petition for an enforcement or modification order if changes to their living conditions have hindered them from being able to follow through with the original terms of their divorce agreement.

Disputes are common in divorce and can often continue long after the divorce judgment is entered with the court. We can help clients actively pursue a post-judgment enforcement or modification order to see that their needs are justly provided. Our law firm can aggressively fight to make sure court obligations are upheld if one spouse fails to act accordingly to a court judgment, or if there is immediate endangerment to a child’s well-being.

Contribution To College Expenses

Often times when parents divorce, their children are young, and the issue of each parent’s contribution to college or post-high school education is reserved and undetermined. The attorneys at Laraia & Whitty, P.C. have the experience and know-how to litigate and resolve the expensive proposition of how your children’s college or post-high school expenses will be paid. College and post-high school educational expenses involve complex financial review and analysis, and the attorneys at Laraia & Whitty, P.C. can help you to petition the court to seek contribution from your former spouse in order to help contribute to your child’s valuable education.

Enforce Your Rights To Modify An Order

Let the attorneys of Laraia & Whitty, P.C. prepare post-judgment and modification orders for you. We are experienced and knowledgeable attorneys who can help to resolve any court ruling you feel is unfair. Contact our Wheaton office at 630-228-9984 for a free initial consultation. Our obligation is to make sure your legal objectives are achieved.